1. Have you heard the expression ‘zero-waste’ or ‘waste-free living’?
2. What are key barriers that would prevent your home from being waste-free?
3. How many people live in your home that contribute to creating waste?
4. Are you aware that London is currently diverting 45% of its waste and is working to implement a long-term 60% waste diversion strategy including Green Bins?
5. London’s landfill is expected to reach capacity in 2025 without interventions. Do you think a clear bag composting program would eliminate food waste being put into the garbage?
6. If someone on your block offered to take food material to set up a block composting project would you be interested? Do you compost now?
7. Do you have options to recycle textiles from your home such as clothing, rags, towels, sheets, used shoes? What is your approach? List a couple agencies you use.
8. How difficult is it for you to avoid purchasing food that is wrapped in plastic or comes in a plastic container or Styrofoam tray? Please rate between 0 – 5 with zero being easy.
9. Do you grow any of your own food to reduce waste and gain fresher food? If yes, where do you grow (e.g. backyard, community garden)?
10. How often do you shop at local farmers’ markets?
11. TREA is looking at setting up a tool lending library. Would you have any tools to donate for food processing/small repairs? Would you have any interest to borrow tools?
12. TREA is always interested to have new volunteers to help us with outreach, marketing, special projects and event planning. We also like to share updates with our community through a monthly newsletter and often organize workshops and events. Are you interested in being contacted about any of those opportunities?
13. What neighbourhood in London, Ontario do you live in?